

The winner of the crazy hair contest is (insert
drumroll)...... Rocky Rich!!!





Ruby and Coop decided that they wanted to go on a birthday trip to New York City. We left our house at 7am, drove part of the way, and hopped on a train. Rocky thought the train was the coolest thing ever!!! We took the train to
Grand Central Station and hopped on the subway to see the
Statue of Liberty. We planned on going over to the island until we saw "THE LINE". I swear it was the longest line I have EVER seen. We hopped on the
Staten Island Ferry. No wait and we still got to see Lady Liberty. Rocky was in heaven!! He loved seeing all of the boats, helicopters, and birds. Cooper thought the boat was tipping and was convinced that we were all going to die. I went to sit by him and he freaked out because he thought I was the one making the boat move (he didn't seem to notice the 300 other people we were with). We hopped back on the subway up to the
Rockefeller Center. Earlier that day I told Matt that we were going to run into someone we knew. Sure enough, we ran into some friends from Salt Lake. It is crazy that can happen in a city that big! I loved the beautiful gardens and the colorful flags at the Rockefeller Center. Our next stop was
Time Square and yes, we did see
The Naked Cowboy. The
Empire State Building was a must for Cooper. We have been reading Percy Jackson, the
ESB is a very important part of that book. It was so tall that you couldn't see the top of it when standing at the base. Our last stop was
Central Park. The kids loved it! Rocky got to be Naked Cowboy Jr due to a blow out in central park. We hopped back on our train, and were home by 9pm!
8 comments:
How fun!! I'm glad you guys had a great time! You look fab in all of the pics!
how much dang fun to be so close for a day trip :)
happy times for you and your fam!!
I knew you'd be better at living in MA than I was! We lived there 5 years and never made it to NYC. Good job! I can't believe you did it in one day by yourself w/3 kids. This is where you are much better at adventure than I am. You just pick up and do things and nothing intimidates you!!!
oh wait, I guess you did take Matt... I don't know why I was thinking you went by yourself! (because you WOULD.)
You should've called us!!!
Chris ! i love it! I took my boys to NYC when they were 3 1/2 and 1 years old :) I loved pushing my double stroller around that city! I LOVE adventures, too bad we don't live by eachother, we would make a great duo ;) I still need to chat with you about the blog book....
wow, you did so much!
I am so jealous! What a fun family day! I would love to take my family there and see the sites.
Post a Comment