Before I went to bed last night, I was instructed that I was not to get out of bed until I was told to do so. Rocky woke up with the sun at 5:30 am. Ruby got up and took care of him, set the table all fancy, and made me French Toast! She made me lunch, cookies and gave me a foot rub! Man I love that girl! I am so blessed to be her mom! She is going to be an amazing mom someday.Mothers Day is kind of sad when your Mom is not around. I miss her all the time, but it really hits home on holidays. In the shortened time we had together, she taught me so much. She shared her love of the Savior, reading, baking, sewing, people, laughter, water/snowball fights, and being a mother with me. She taught me that dishes can wait because kids grow up. She showed me how to handle trials with optimism and faith. I always knew I was her favorite. Somehow my 4 older brothers knew they were her favorite as well. I loved our one on one dates she managed to do with all 5 of us. Ruby's middle name is Marilyn after my mom. I hope she realizes what an honor it is for her to be named after such an amazing person. Love you Madre!!!
Lucky for me, my mom didn't leave me without another amazing mom to take care of me. I have the most amazing Mother in Law. She is one of my dearest friends, I am so blessed to have her in my life. You name it, she knows how to do it or make it! I am so thankful for the son she raised and the way she loves my kids. I don't feel like I am an in-law, I truly feel like I am her daughter. Love you Morrissa!!!
I have also been blessed with lots of other moms that have taken me under their wing. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many amazing women. Thanks for all you do for me!!!
4 comments:
YOU Chris, are an amazing mother. Always love seeing you interact with your kids. I wish I would have gotten to know your mom though. I've heard great things about her. We miss you and hope everything is going well in lego land!
I agree with Anna! I hope to be a great mom like you:) I love everything the Ruby did for you...that is so sweet!
That is so sweet! Happy Mother's Day dear :)
Did she put Cheez-its in the French Toast? :)
Post a Comment