Friday, February 22, 2013

25 SONGS


25 Songs
1.  A song from your childhood: Close to you, by the Carpenters. My brother gave me a jewelry box that played this song as the ballerina would twirl.  I gave it to Ruby and it still works.
2. A song that reminds you of your most recent ex boyfriend:  These were my head banger days with Jeff Hall.  KISS, Guns and Roses (Sweet child of mine), Motley Crue (Kick Start my Heart), White Lion (Little Fighter) and oh so many others.
3. A song that reminds you of your parents.  Dad: High on the Mountain Top.  He would sing that at the top of his lungs as we would ride the chair lifts at Snowbird.  I took my kids skiing last week and sang it to them, quietly; I think they would have jumped off the lift if I belted it like I wanted to.  What a great memory of my dad! How Great Thou Art reminds me of my dad.  This song was sung at my brother’s funeral.  Dad cries each time he hears it.  My mom would sing the hymn Love at Home when the kids would argue.  It drove me crazy!  Now I do the same thing with my kids.  Shout by Tears for Fears was another song my mom loved.  She changed the lyrics to say, Shout, shout let it all out!  These are the things I can do without, the dishes and mopping the floor, come on!  My parent’s song was I Just Called to Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder.  Burning Down The House by Talking heads reminds me of a trip I took to Washington DC with my parents.
4. A song that calms you down:  I am a Child of God, A Child's Prayer, Teach Me to Walk in the Light.  I sing these when I am angry or scared.  I have taught my kids to do the same.  I hope they remember these when they need them.
5.  A Song that is often stuck in my head: Whatever my kids have been singing or a song from one of my gym classes.  It changes on a day-to-day basis.  Over the Misty Mountains Cove from the Hobbit is my recent song.
6.  A song that reminds you of a best friend:  Just Call Me Angel by Juice Newton reminds me of my high school friends. 
7.  A song that reminds you of the past summer: We are Young by Fun.  Somebody by Gotye. 
8.  A song that reminds you of your first love:  Everything I Do by Brian Adams
9.  A song that makes you hopeful: Firework by Katy Perry. “If you only knew what the future holds, after a hurricane comes a rainbow. Maybe you're reason why all the doors are closed, so you could open one that leads you to the perfect road.”
10.  A song by your favorite band:
11.  A song on the soundtrack of your favorite movie:  Hakuna Matatta from the Lion King.
12.  The last song you heard: We Are Young
13. A song that reminds you of a former friend:  Don’t have any.  Once you are my friend you are always my friend.
14.  A song that reminds you of your boyfriend: In Spite of Ourselves by John Prine reminds me of my boyfriend, Matt Rich
15.  A song you love singing along to:  Anything I know the words to.  Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond comes to mind.  As I was running the Hartford Half Marathon that was on my iPod and I sang the bom, bom, bom part out loud accidentally.
16.  A song that has made you cry:  Everything I Own by Bread reminds me of my mom.  If you want to see me cry, play that song.  You sheltered me from harm. Kept me warm, kept me warm. You gave my life to me. Set me free, set me free. The finest years I ever knew, were all the years I had with you.  And I would give anything I own. I'd give up my life, my heart, my home. I would give everything I own, Just to have you back again. You taught me how to laugh….”
Everybody Hurts by REM was popular during a rough time in my life.  My mom was very sick and I was very busy with finals, work and life.  This song made me curl up in the fetal position and weep. L
17.  A song that makes you want to dance:  Move it from Madagascar.  Just can’t hold still when it comes on!
18. A song that you love but barely listen to:  These are the Days by Indigo Girls
19. The first song alphabetically in your iTunes: Adele
20.  The last song alphabetically in your iTunes: Van Halen
21.  Your favorite song:  How Firm a Foundation
22.  A song that someone has sung to you:  Happy Birthday? 
23.  A song that you cannot stand to listen to:  Any thing with profanity.
24.  A song that you have danced to with your best friend: Girls Just Want to Have Fun.
25.  A song that you could listen to all day without getting tired of:  I get crazy hearing anything over and over again.



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

this was so fun to read :) What a fun idea :)