Thursday, March 10, 2011

The coolest field trip ever!!!

This is proof of how much fun we had yesterday (OK and the fact that we are exhausted from moving across the country and 2 time zones!)

I have been so excited about Matt working for Lego, but it didn't really hit me just how cool it was until we got there! We got the grand tour. There are Legos EVERY WHERE. I wonder how long it will take Cooper to stop smiling. That kid is an ABSOLUTE HEAVEN. The coolest part was seeing how the Lego models are put together. I have always wondered how the life size models you see like at Toys R Us were put together, and now we know!

We got the kids all registered for school. We are very impressed! Once again we have a librarian, school nurse, music teacher, art teacher, gym teacher, etc. When I taught in Utah, I had all of those jobs in addition to being a teacher. Our teachers are darling. I am hopeful to get a good report when the kids get home!

We are still staying in our hotel. We will get the key to our home tomorrow night, and unpack our trailer on Saturday. It is going to be like Christmas, there are a lot of things we haven't seen since July when we packed things up in Indiana!

4 comments:

Tanya Searle said...

I'm so happy for you guys. I can't wait to hear as you get all settled :)

Erin said...

That is too awesome! Heavenly Father always makes things better than we could have possibly imagined.

miche said...

That's a big plus I didn't mention when we talked the other day. The schools in Massachusetts are incredible. Your kids will get a wonderful education. We still miss our old schools VERY much. Wait til you see the class sizes... Grace used to have 15-18 kids per class with a FULL time aide and a required parent helper every single day! that's a 6:1 ratio for individual attention and help. I have always said that money for education should go to class size first and it makes the biggest difference. Have a great time!

Sara said...

Hooray! Congrats! Can't wait to read about your adventures.