Monday, April 4, 2011

General Conference

We have a long standing semiannual tradition in our family of making cinnamon rolls for General conference. It is one of my very favorite traditions aside from the fact that I ate like 6 of them! We had some friends from our church over. They were our very first guests. So much fun! I always think back to the people we have shared this tradition with in the past and miss them dearly. I was totally flattered to find out that some of them had made their own conference cinnamon rolls.

I loved listening to conference. The main thing that I got out of it was to look for opportunities to help those in need. I also loved Elder Scott's talk on marriage and the one on parenting. I love the way that conference recharges my batteries and gives me the boost I need to keep on keepin on.
I love holidays, and I love to mess around with my family so April Fools is right up my ally. These lovely cupcakes were actually meatloaf and mashed potatoes. My favorite was watching Coop try to drink the Jell-o in the glass, it freaked him out. We use all of our random holiday plates and napkins to really confuse things.
Rocky LOVEs to read. His favorite spot is right on the coffee table. He is such a CHUNK!!! That kid can eat more than anyone I know (including myself). I swear that all he thinks about is food. He is now 18 months. I am so in love that crazy kid (and his 2 sidekicks).
One of my favorite things to do is walk "all the way to Connecticut!" OK, it is only like a five minute walk from our house. Ruby has one foot in Connecticut and the other in Massachusetts (I just spelled both states correctly, thank you very much). I am amazed how many times each day we go back in forth. My friend said we really live in Connechusetts, that seems about right. Ruby changed the name to MOUSEchuesetts. Luckily we haven't seen anymore of the little critters or their poop, but I still can't relax.

I had my first GNO this weekend with some cute girls from my ward. I feel so blessed to have a place I can make instant friends. They have been so sweet and made us feel so welcome. We are so blessed to be here. We are 85% unpacked. It is nice to know were things are again. Now it is just those random things that I probably should have chucked (don't tell MATT that ;))

2 comments:

Alli said...

Loved the cinnamon rolls! Thanks for letting us share in your special tradition.

I love what you did for April Fool's Day. You are such a great Mom. I will definitely need to try those next year.

We need to do another GNO soon!

Nancy said...

It's so fun to read you blog and catch up. Thanks, Chris!! I feel like I can actually hear your voice as I read your thought. :) (Bet you didn't know I could do that!)