Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Awesome List


Just read a great book, The Book of Awesome.  It focuses on the little things in life that make you happy.  It made me stop and think of what would be on my list.  Here are a couple of my thoughts:

When no one wakes me up in the night.
The smell of Tide(original scent).
Seeing the time 12:34 on the clock.
Cool humidity at night.
When I tell someone I am thinking of them and they tell me it was just what they needed.
When all the socks match coming out of the dryer.
When I realize I have all the ingredients to make a recipe I am looking at.
Waking up to a clean house.
Cuddling with my dudes on a snow day because nothing is planned.
The smell of Rocky’s head.
When everyone likes the meal I made.
When my kids ask what they can do to help.
When I know my kids learned a valuable lesson.
Spring colors in New England.
Sharing yummy food with friends and neighbors.
Getting lots of comments on a blog post or Facebook status.
Playing a song without messing up.
When someone asks me for a recipe.
The smell of rain.
Bare feet in sand.
Hot bread out of oven.
New England fall leaves before you have to rake them.
When my kids are kind to each other.
Popping bubble wrap.
Popping seaweed pods.
Catching the right wave boogie boarding.
Catching fireflies.
Seeing a cool animal in nature: raccoon in my trash, skunk on my porch, owl in my tree.
The smell of skunk, I know I am weird, but I love it!
Pulling out my green ski suit(from the 90’s) to play in the snow with my kids.
A foot rub from Ruby.
Being a couple minutes early.
My children's laughter.
Laughing until I cry.
Inside jokes.
Seeing my kids proud of themselves.
When's kids look over at me on the sidelines after they have scored a point to make sure I saw it.
Knowing what to say to someone that needs advice.
When one of my recipes or family traditions becomes part of another family.
Finishing a race with a smile on my face.
When I get a great picture of one of kids.
Getting a great family picture.
When I know I made the right choice.
Warm blanket after having a baby.
A hug from someone you love.
Getting a glimpse of what I mean to my Heavenly Father.
Great find at a tag sale or thrift store.
When someone gives me their hand me downs.
 
 
 

7 comments:

Sally said...

That IS an awesome list! It was so good talking to you last week!!

Anna Peterson said...

I loved reading your list, it helped me get to know you better. I wish we did not live so far away! I feel like we'd be even better friends. xoxo

Laura said...

I love these! And you have made my day sooooo many times I can't even count. You are such a good influence of love on people. You are a magnet because you are so real and so positive. YOU are awesome!

Tanya Searle said...

Oh I miss you!!

Jedda said...

There's no doubt about it: YOU are Awesome! Miss ya!

Erin said...

I loved this post! What a great list. I love the smell of skunk too!

You are such an amazing woman!
(lots of exclamation points but how else do I show how incredible you are?)

Jenner said...

i agree with about 75% of this list. especially the ones about pictures. and hand me downs. and thirft store finds. :) i can't believe you are 39, you old lady!