Mid March we found out that we had an opportunity to move to a cheaper, bigger rental home across town. For the next 6 weeks I packed and packed.
Meet this bad boy, the oil tank. Many homes in New England have oil fuel to heat the home. $700 a MONTH to fill this in the cold months. The new place has natural gas. Halleluiah! I won't miss the oil tank, no sir.
One of the great things about moving is purging. I am always amazed how much stuff we acquire between moves. I sorted trough all of our stuff and found some great treasures. This concise story of Coopers made us laugh.
We had a 2 day Tag Sale. Can you find Rocky?
There are many things I will miss about this house. Ruby wrote her name on this Rhododendron leaf 3 years ago. Apparently those leaves stay on for a long time. I will miss our neighborhood. Our neighbors were awesome.
I won't miss the birds that were eating our house. When the sun came up each day the birds would get to work. I would not have been surprised if they made it through the sheet rock.
Rocky helped me label boxes...
Ruby helped me fill them.
Cooper was also a good box filler.
So much stuff!!!
Uhauls have great acoustics.
We had the greatest helpers. We moved everything over to the new house and camped at the old one for a couple of nights.
Cooper complained about missing socks. When we moved his mattress we found 8 of them. Gross!
Thanks for all the great memories Sheffield Ave!
Here's to new memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment