Wednesday, February 3, 2010

SCARY!!!

Today I had a message on my phone to call the school nurse immediately. I freaked out knowing that for sure one of my kids had LICE! Luckily my crazy lice phobia didn't let my mind wander. When I got a hold of the nurse, she informed me that Ruby had fainted and was still very pale and clammy. At that point I really started to panic, it wasn't funny anymore. That drive was one of the longest 5 minute drives I have had. Ruby was as white as a sheet and just staring at all the grown ups looking at her. They told me she had just picked up her lunch tray and collapsed. Her eyes were open but she was completely unresponsive for a couple of minutes. Her cheek was bruised from her face landing on her tray. Luckily her PB&J cushioned the fall. The pediatrician told us to come right in. Everything looked fine, they thought she may have had low blood sugar. I hate how my mind always jumps to the worst possible case scenario; vertigo, diabetes, brain tumor, seizures, etc. They assured me that one isolated incident was nothing to cause alarm. Still alarmed!!! She seemed fine for the rest of the day. Please keep my Rube Dawg in your prayers.

14 comments:

Emily said...

Thinking of you and your family--hope Ruby is okay!

Lesly said...

At that moment, did you secretly wish for lice instead? I hope Ruby feels better.

Lisa said...

that is horrible...I would of been freakin out too!! thoughts and prayers are w/ you and Rubes!!

Jedda said...

Oh my my. The PB &J saves the day :) We'll keep her in our prayers. K had one seizure when we first moved here but it was isolated. Hang in there.

Laura said...

Scary! I hope she's okay and that she recovers without any other incident. We love you both and will definitely keep you in our prayers.

Abbigail said...

That is seriously scary. I don't like any kids fainting like that. Especially your Ruby. Hope that it doesn't happen again. Poor thing. I bet that was a little mortifying as well.

Jess said...

I would have totally freaked out! I am glad she is ok...I can only imagine your 5 minute drive to the school. You are an awesome mommy though...you will be in our prayers tonight.

Liz said...

For sure! You both will be in my prayers! Not one of those fun Mommy moments!

Sara said...

We will pray for Ruby. What a scary thing! I hope it doesn't happen again.

Thrillsons said...

Oh, that is scary. We will definitely keep her in our prayers. We love you guys!

Unknown said...

Sooo scary. Glad everything is okay. I have fainted on and off throughout my life and I am normal...well mostly normal. Sending you and rubes anti-faint prayers.

Anna said...

How creepy, hope it won't happen again. Good luck

amy stansel said...

oh wow i hope she is ok. that is scary! We hope she is OK!

Anonymous said...

Hi friend, give Ruby loves from the Twinkies! Hope the rest of you are doing well!