Friday, May 8, 2015

Angels

 I just learned about these beautiful paintings by Brian Kershisnik.  I have thought about them this entire week.  Mothers Day is always a little rough for me, I would love to just give my sweet angel mom a big hug and thank her for ALL. SHE. DID. FOR. ME!!  I miss her with all of my heart some times.  I love the way the angel is helping the woman in the painting.  I know my mom does that for me.  I love this quote by Elder Jeffery R. Holland,
  • "In the gospel of Jesus Christ you have help from both sides of the veil, and you must never forget that. When disappointment and discouragement strike--and they will--you remember and never forget that if our eyes could be opened we would see horses and chariots of fire as far as the eye can see riding at reckless speed to come to our protection. They will always be there, these armies of heaven, in defense of Abraham's seed."
 I love this picture of the angels that made sure a dear baby made it to her mothers arms.  My mom was in this group when Ruby was born.  I felt her there.
 What are these angels saying?  Don't give up?  Remember who you are?  You are a Child of God!  It will get better!  You got this Chris Rich!

 I love the way the angels are holding her head up.  I need that some days.  Maybe they are holding her head just so the mom can keep going.  Maybe they are trying to help her see God's love in her life.  Maybe they are warning her.  Maybe they are easing her burden.
I think this one is my favorite, it is called Climbing Mother.  I hope as a mom I am climbing to my potential.  I also have people literally climbing up me and needing me.  From either view, there are angels helping the mom do what she needs to do.  How reassuring.  I need that.  I heard a beautiful talk at BYU Womens Conference last week about angels.  Sister Wendy Nielson shared how when we keep our covenants, we can ask for angels to help us.   “I’m talking about praying to your Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, for those (angels) to be ‘dispatched’ (Elder Holland’s word) to assist you,” What a beautiful thought!!  I love the word dispatched.  
"May we all believe more readily in, and have more gratitude for, the Lord’s promise ... “I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, … my Spirit shall be in your [heart], and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.” 14 In the process of praying for those angels to attend us, may we all try to be a little more angelic ourselves—with a kind word, a strong arm, a declaration of faith and “the covenant wherewith [we] have covenanted.” 15 "
So this is my plan for Mothers Day.  As my gift to my mom, I will try to be the best mom I can.  I will celebrate all the moms and amazing women in my life.  I am so blessed to be surrounded by angels on both sides of the veil.  

No comments: