Pretending to blow out a candle of her birthday pie in Natural Bridges.
We were in Southern Utah on Ruby's 13th birthday. Even though we partied all day, it just didn't feel fair to not have all of our birthday traditions. So once we made it back home, we had a birthday redo. We have special decorations, dishes, banners, family dinners that the kids pick their favorite meal for me to make, and they get to pick any crazy/delicious/outlandish cake they want me to make for them. Luckily now that they are older it is more delicious than outlandish.
Rocky made the cake. This was his first time cracking eggs. He is an EGGSpert now. Ruby frosted it.
Ruby had a few of her close friends over for a party and then we celebrated as a family with all of our crazy birthday traditions.
I am so blessed the be the mother of this amazing young lady. Ruby is talented, kind, responsible, helpful, respectful, funny, hard working, and all around amazing. She is not only the best daughter I could ask for, but also an amazing friend to me. She gets me. She knows when I need a foot rub. She knows just what special gifts or acts of service will influence me profoundly. I love you Ruby Girl. Happy 13th!!
Coops friend party
Birthday date at Auntie Cathies with pancakes larger than life.
3 layer chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and oreos.
This man had his golden birthday this year: 11 on the 11th. Cooper is such a great kid. He is always creating something. Once he is into something he gives it his all and becomes the best he possibly can in that area. He really wants to do the right thing and is very tender hearted. I am amazed by his tenacity. I never have to get on him about homework, ever. I love you Cooper man. It is a pleasure being your momma. Happy birthday buddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment