Back in February I was asked to give a talk at church on family history. My main point was that if you don't tell your story, who will? It seemed like a daunting task, but I decided I better practice what I was preaching and get busy. Many of my friends ask if Mormons give something up for Lent, I always joke with them we have already given everything up, which is not true there are lots of things I could give up like being judgmental, impatient, etc. I decided that for 40 days I would devote a few minutes to writing my story. Some days I only spent 5 minutes while others I had hours to get my thoughts down. I didn't worry about grammar, I just wrote. I started with a skeleton and added the few details I remembered from each school year. Some years were just a sentence or two. Other years ended up being several paragraphs. I pulled out all my scrapbooks and journals to refresh my memory. It was wonderful to look back on happy memories and laugh. There were many hard and tearful memories as well. The thing I noticed the very most was that through the good and bad times, I have always been blessed with an incredible support system of family, friends and my loving Heavenly Father. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME! Life has been BRUTIFUL, brutal and beautiful. I am thankful for the hard things in life, they are building me and shaping me into the woman my Heavenly Father needs me to be. I wrote up until the present. I need to go back to edit and add pictures and add the rest of the story. That is the cool part, I get to choose what I want the main character, me, to become!



I loved watching my kids look through my yearbooks. I taught Ruby how I used to do my bangs. I love the band picture I am the one playing the bassoon with my nose. Funny thing is, I played the flute not the bassoon.
I love that I have maintained many of the same friends I have always had. I have always had wonderful friends. What a blessings. This is SACK: Shelli, Amanda, Chris, and Kim
I love seeing my healthy momma and remembering the great times we had together.
Character building moments, like when my dog ate my bloody gauze out of the garbage can from my wisdom teeth.
Life changing leadership opportunities, testimony building, and support from dear friends.
I looked back at my mom as she suffered from so many problems and realized what a blessing it was for us to work on being more compassionate and caring. Some really hard times with beautiful lessons.
I looked back on new relationships and the opportunity to grow.
I was reminded over and over again of how blessed I am. Even though life is not perfect, I am living my dream of being a stay at home mom to 3 beautiful, amazing kids.
One thing is for certain, life is good. I am so blessed. I will get back to you on the rest of the story!
1 comment:
Oh how I miss you :) Beautiful post my friend :)
Post a Comment