We did the Ben and Jerry's factory tour. I do have to say it was rather underwhelming. Super crowded and no ice cream production that day.
Shelburne Farms was awesome. It is a huge working farm. The kids loved climbing trees, holding hens, and eating at the bakery. My favorite part was watching the momma goat give birth to 2 babies. May have been the most amazing thing I have ever seen. The process is called kidding, no kidding. My kids may be scarred for life.
Matt completed his 10th marathon. He had a goal to get 10 by the time he turns 40. He rocked it with a few months to spare.
If you haven't noticed yet, I have a thing for murals.
Coolest drinking fountain ever.
Burlington was charming. We loved Church street. Rocky wasn't feeling charming so Ruby tried to help him be so. As you can see it didn't go well.
Lake Champlain was massive.
Rocky asked me why moms never get messy like kids do. I took that as a challenge.
We stopped by Cold Hollow Cider Mill and watched how they make cold press cider. This process competes with the goat birth. It was fascinating. The man is squirting mashed apples out of a high powered hose. They wrap it up in the cloth you see, stack a plastic sheet on top, repeat the process, and then smash all the delicious cider out of it. It was divine! Just blocks from Ben and Jerry's.
Making apple cider doughnuts the old fashioned way.
This table was awesome the benches rocked back and forth.
We attended sacrament meeting at the Burlington Ward. I love how no matter where I am in the world I can go to LDS.org and find a meetinghouse. When I get there I will be welcomed and loved. I will learn the same doctrine I would learn any where else in the world on the same schedule. I am so thankful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know that it is His church. It is true!
No comments:
Post a Comment