

There is the cutest little town about 16 miles from here called Nashville. It is charming little town very similar to Jackson Hole. The drive there is beautiful, I can't wait to drive it in the fall. Our favorite stop was this darling little candy shop. Cooper was in HEAVEN! The owner let Coop sit up on the shelf in front of all the candy. We found a little restaurant that was covered with IU paraphernalia. It was a shrine to a previous coach, Bobby Knight. Cooper and I are having so much fun spending time just one on one. Unfortunately Ruby is pretty jealous.
Cooper has decided that it is easier to help me do laundry if he is in the dryer! The other day Cooper told me he needed some soup for dinner. I didn't have a lot of time so I grabbed a can of soup. He grabbed my cook book and said, "No Mom, I want REAL soup". I sure love this little man! He goes to preschool 3 mornings a week so I have 9 hour to myself. I have been working out at the YMCA! My arms are getting tired from doing the actions to the song everytime I talk about it.
Ruby is growing up so fast. It is really weird to have her gone all day. She got to skip a level in swimming lessons and that made her pretty excited. I am so proud of how well she has adjusted to our big changes. I love having a little twin!We got his with the tail end of Ike. It was only 58 mph here. I can't imagine how scary it would have been in Texas with winds over 110mph. We are happy we still have all of our windows! Cooper was terrified. He hid under a blanket while we snuggled for 2 hours. So much for cheap gas, we are up to $4.15! Dang it!
We had our first tornado sirens go off. Nothing big happened but it gave us a chance to go into our tornado room and practice.
Saturday we went to a bike auction. Wow that was an experience! They had a real auctioneer that was amazing. It took me about an hour to stop talking like I had a banjo crammed down my throat!
Matt is working so hard with school. I am so proud of him. He is getting sick because he has pushed himself so hard.
We are having the time of our lives. There is so much to see and do here. We are so thankful for all the great people here and for their open arms. I know we are supposed to be here.
6 comments:
SO FUN!!! I'm glad things are going so well for you guys! We still miss you! I have to hurry and read The Memory Keeper's Daughter before Thursday! That just means I'll be ignoring my fam for a few days! :)
Don't you just love Nashville? We ate at that same restaurant, and I think we sat in the same booth! And now I'm a little nervous- we didn't hear the tornado siren go off! Glad to hear nothing happened though! Also, we totally should do a Cafe Rio night! I've been craving it for over a month now! We should get together more!!!
Cute pictures, especially of you and Cooper on your "date". I'm so proud of you for being such an excellent blogger!! Keep it up because I want to keep up on everything in your life! Love yer liver!
What a fun candy store...I think I would like that! Ruby is totally a mini you-it is so crazy!!
My mom is getting high speed internet this week, she will be getting instructions on how to see you all. love ya mooner
So glad to see that you made it to Nashville!! Looks like you all are having a blast!
P.S. Tracee is pregnant! Due in April! WaHoo!
do they make you do the arms signs when you check in at the Y?
Post a Comment