Sunday, September 28, 2008

Our Weekend

Okay, this was actually last weekend.  We went to our 2nd restaurant on 4th street.  This place was Ethiopian.  I know you are thinking, that Ethiopians don't eat food, but it is AMAZING!  They brought out this HUGE platter with a pancake like piece of bread topped with 6 different things to try.  You tear off the pancake and scoop the toppings up with your hand.  The food was divine and the experience is one that I will always remember!  Much yummier than the Turkish place!
Here is my mom of the year moment.  I sliced up our apples and alternated the colors.  I told the kids to come see what weird apples they had picked.  They thought I was Wonder MOM!  

Matt and I went on a date during our primary party yesterday.  We went to the tailgate party for the IU vs. Michigan game.  The MBA students had a Philip Morris sponsored BBQ (or Barbie Toot as my new buddy Zach calls them).  And no, they didn't pass out cases of free smokerettes (as Cooper called them).  The tail gate party was GINORMOUS!!!  I bet almost all of Bloomington was there.  It is $15 to park in the designated blocks of tail gate parking!  I love people watching and this was the perfect place to do it!
Matt joined the International Business Student Association (IBS), not to be confused with Irritable Bowel Syndrome!  We went to a free dinner at a Chinese restaurant last week and this week we went to the Moon Festival.  There was an amazing dinner (for free :)) with lots of games for the kids to play.  I loved all the booths from the Asian countries, especially TAIWAN!   For those of you who don't know, I served a mission for my church there.  It made me really miss Taiwan.  I have met several students from Taiwan and it has been so fun!  I was even interviewed for the Student Newspaper, we will see if they liked what I had to say!

We went to the Mathers Museum of World Cultures.  They had free masks and puppets the kids could make.  I love watching my budding artists at work.  And yes, this too was FREE!!

To top it all off, I went to the annual Relief Society session of General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I love knowing that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father!  He loves me and is aware of me and my little family here in Bloomington!  I loved the part about letting Relief Society be my mom.  That really hit close to home, because it is so true!  My mom passed away almost 10 years ago.  The most amazing women have taken care of me.  I miss my Utah women something fierce and am so thankful for the Bloomington women who are blessing my life now.  

9 comments:

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Sounds like fun, see you always do such fun stuff! You inspire me to get out of my house and experience more. I love the apple-you are wonder mom!

miche said...

Chris,
You guys are up to SO MANY activities! They all look so fun... totally miss your guts...

Kara said...

I think your life has become so much more fun then my own. Savor the moments. I love and miss you always!

Jenner said...

looks like you are getting lots of FREE stuff. keep up the good work.

Lisa said...

looks like fun FREE stuff...wish we could join you!! You are braver than I for trying all those different restaurants, I don't think I could do it.
Don't you forget who you are and what you stand for. I know one Utah Mom who misses you like crazy.
love ya bunches

Liz said...

You ARE the Mom of the year! You're always doing fun things with those cute kids. I'm going to have to copy you and alternate the apple slices. Cute!

Luann said...

Oh Chris, how i miss your sense of humor. IBS you are so funny. I picked our apples last week and thought of you. I wish I could share more apples with you. I love your blog. Your family is having a great time. Jason got Coopers letter today. He hasn't had a chance to see it yet. Love LULU

Shawnee - Sassy in Sweatpants said...

HAHAHAHAHA! "I know what you're thinking, that Ethiopians don't eat food" hahahaha oh my heavens I MISS YOU GUYS!

and I am SO glad that you understood my "cotton-headed ninny muggins" reference. "It's just nice to meet another human who shares my affinity with elf culture."

and I love that you said that Indiana and Hawaii are basically the same place in one of your comments on my blog. I miss your faces! And we were all SO excited when Jason got that adorable picture from Cooper in the mail today. Cooper already looks way older than when you guys left. I miss you!

Natalie said...

you are a wonder Mom!! The apples... totally creative! I love all the fun things you do with your kids. They are lucky to have such a fun mom!